Wednesday, December 8, 2010

It's Christmas Time in the City...

Here is a glimpse at the real life "hustle/bustle." I can't get this image to move down, but here is the small crowd in Macy's. I get hot just thinking about it. You can't see the line Russ!



Here's my Review:

Trip Advisor! Last weekend, I went to NYC. There is something to be said about that city during Christmas time- it's almost magical. Here is a short recap of my weekend:


Thursday:
I never thought I had a "morning problem," but catching a 6am flight was torture. Yes, it got us to New York earlier, but it took lots of caffeine to keep me going all day. Our day started out at Serendipity. I know, it's a cliche tourist spot, but it's our tradition. We don't even get the Frozen Hot Chocolate! It was well outfitted with Christmas decor and very charming. From here, we hit the streets to shop and sight see. Our adventures lasted throughout the night. Literally. It was about 8pm and we had been walking all day and decided it was time for dinner. With shopping bags in hand, we headed to the Lincoln Center area. I have always wanted to see the Lincoln Center lit up, because this picture is used in so many movies. Well, I finally got my chance. I built it up in my head.


We went to a Mexican restaurant nearby called Rosa Mexicano. It was delicious but reminded me a lot of Dos Caminos. One of them had to rip the other off. Did I mention my mother and I had to change shoes? Yes. She was wearing cute little loafers and I had on uggs. Note to self, leave your cute shoes at home. After dinner, we got a Taste-D-Lite and headed back to the hotel.

Friday:
Oops I did it again. Friday morning I headed to the Today show to see my friends. They were all there except Al, and the crowd was so large I had no chance of making a TV debut. I stood in the freezing cold for about 30 minutes thinking to myself... WTF am I doing. Tons of Tweens and ME. But I saw my friends Matt & Meredith, so it was well worth it.

Friday day, we shopped all day long. I think I was stuck in a Macy's for 3 hours. Their Macy's has much more to often- everything from Gucci to Chanel! It's crazy how much more high-end their store is. Friday afternoon we took a pit break to eat at DBGB Kitchen. (Lower East Side) It was definitely one of those places that when you leave, you think, I would highly recommend.

We stopped by Eataly, which I had really been looking forward to- but I have 2 words...no 4 words: Amazing, but TOTAL CHAOS. It was like Eatzi's on massive steroids.

Our night took us to Broadway to see Buddy the Elf. One of my favorite movies brought to life. It did not disappoint AND they had sippy cups for your wine. After Broadway, we picked up a slice of pizza and called it a night.

Saturday:
Saturday started out just like Friday- on to more shopping. For lunch, we somehow ended up at Rockefellar Center. Well, I know how- we went for me to look to see if they had this J Crew belt and I got all "Hangry" (My new word for when I get hungry and angry) and I needed nourishment fast. We went to a cafe in the building. It fit the bill, and I got to watch the tourist hot spot - the ice skating rink.

I cannot tell a lie- I did make a special stop by "Dash," the Kardashians store. There was a line out the door. I stopped to snap a picture and lost a glove. After I turned the corner, I realized I was Michael Jackson'ing it with my glove attire. Luckily when I went back to Dash- there laid my isotoner on the ground. Whew. It was too cold to go gloveless.

Saturday evening brought us to the Rockettes. I have seen them several times, but they never get old. They are NYC Christmas time. Thankfully, they let you have drinks in the auditorium, so it was a great time. From here, we went to Dos Caminos, because it's just my absolute favorite. Something about their white Sangria.

Sunday:
We had a 1pm flight, so we did not have much time in the city. Our morning was spent trying to snap my Christmas Card pic. Stay tuned!


Did I mention I am still thawing out from the cold? You'll have to forgive my non-exciting writing skills today, but hey, I tried. I wish I were still in NY. I love love love that city.... It's Christmastime in the City.....

No comments:

Post a Comment