Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Neighbors

Yesterday I began my very lovely evening with dinner and drinks with several of my lovely friends at Vickery Park.  In case you are curious, which I reckon you are not, I had the mussels.  They were, in fact, very tasty.  I arrived back at home around 9:30 pm, when I promptly posted up on the couch with Paul to watch the season premiere of Greek.  At about 10:30, I took little Paul out to potty.  As I am standing there coaxing him to do his business, I hear a woman yelling, well almost screaming, some sort of nonsense from a distance.  At this point, I was a little cold, and a little nervous that I was about to meet some crazies in the parking lot, so I ran back upstairs and locked the doors.  (Sidenote: I have not been sleeping well for days because from time to time I am the victim of paranoia and I get nervous in the dark so I have to sleep with all the lights on.  Yes, friends, I am afraid of the dark.) 

So, It wasn't until almost four hours later, at 2:49am that I was jolted out of my slumber by several idiots yelling right outside my window.  If you know me at all, you know I am certifiably crazy when I am woken up, so I was not too happy about this.  Paul was pacing back and forth, so confused about what was going on.  I was half asleep and bitchy.  It was sooo early, yet so late.  So I lay there for a bit just listening to the bull shit going on outside.  I realized I should probably not get involved, just in case there was something violent going on down there.  So, I just did the most effective thing I could, and hoped it would go away.  About 15 minutes later, someone yelled at the idiots to shut up.  About ten minutes after that, they did.  This morning when I took Paul out there was trash all over the parking lot.  I'm talking at least 7 Big Mac containers and McDonald's cups.  Ketchup was everywhere.  So, I'm thinking that some assholes had a huge party that started to get rowdy around the time I heard that lady screaming and ended with a blow out in the parking lot with a Mickey D's food fight at 2:49am.  I would be lying if I said this was the first time I heard this.  It happened once before this fall. 

I love my neighbors.  I love to chat with them about our Christmas decor, the new paint on our units, gardening, our pets, and the weather.  I really enjoy seeing them on a daily basis.  But, if I figure out who caused that raucous outside my window last night, they are going down.  I'm talking no smiles from me when I pass them on my way to the dumpster.  Seriously, who does that on a Tuesday? 

Oh wait, I did...about six years ago in Norman, Oklahoma and about four years ago at the Gables.  My how the times have changed. 

I just love being old.

SES

1 comment: