Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Da' Sunday Blues


As a follow up to Sarah’s post below, the weekend in Austin (formerly known as “B.O.B.") was a huge success. Such a success that I still have a huge smile on my face when I think about all the events. What wasn’t a success? Showing up on facebook in my “kini.” I thought we had a pack – only pictures chest up. You live, you learn, people. (Paparazzi)

The weekend started off with a bang at _____! Yep, I can’t even remember the name of the bar. Saturday we woke up and boarded the Lady Ship on Lake Austin. Nothing like a huge party barge with all of your friends. The day continued at “Abels,” followed by a night out for a 30th birthday! Sunday appeared, and it was time to go home…

Back to reality…back to work, back to not having all of your friends by your side…back to nagging TPS reports….back to being sober and remembering things you might have said/did over the weekend. This leads to one thing: EMOTIONAL HANGOVER.

Surprisingly, the term “emotional hangover” isn’t something us Gen X’ers made up all on our own- it’s actually a real deal:

According to the “urban dictionary”: (I know, great source, right?)

An Emotional Hangover or EH (EH? Why haven’t I thought of this? “I am totally having an EH.” OMG) is the aftermath of a night of debauchery where the social ramifications are worse than the actual physical hangover. It could be blowing the months rent on rounds of shots, spilling your heart out to a longtime friend.


Basically anything that is going to remain with you for a while and make you feel like an ass.It can also be used separate from a drinking binge if you've done something equally as regretful during an average social outing.Sunday's are generally the most popular day for an EH


So “EH’s” are self induced, and if you had a great weekend, I think it’s safe to say, pretty unavoidable. As we grow older, bouncing back from an EH seems to take longer and longer. For me, it’s about 1 to 3 days. I am feeling back to myself today and looking forward to this Sunday, so I can struggle with my emotional hangover. (which means, it twas a good weekend)

Looking forward to many more years of B.O.B. Who knows- maybe the next B.O.B. will be in a city, near you. All we need is water...and LOVE.

No comments:

Post a Comment