Thursday, July 22, 2010

TIMMMMMMMMMME


Once again, I have been thinking a lot about time- I never feel like I have enough of it. Three things always run through my head when I think about time:

1. Jessie Spano when she had her freak out on Saved by the Bell. There’s never enough time!


2. That wise quote I read once read: we have just as much time as Hellen Keller, Albert Einstein…and all those over heroic people.


3. That terrible/amazing old country song…have no idea who sings it, but lyrics go like this: “I’m in a hurry and don’t know why…I rush and rush until life’s no fun. All I really got to do is live and die, so I’m in a hurry and don’t know why.

(Side Note: my lyrics could be off. I once thought M.C. Hammer’s Too Legit was, “tell the jerk, tell the jerk to quit.” Say it in your head to the Too Legit song… I was “legit” in thinking this.)

Okay, so now on to the real meaning of my post. (If there is a meaning) This story was just too crazy not to share - Tuesday night, the local NBC news did a story on a woman that has already set her wedding date and venue, but she does not have a groom! (February 15, 2011) Do you call this proactive or crazy? I choose the latter.

The 35-year old woman has turned to Facebook and YouTube to market herself, and she has been on 46 dates, yet still no lover.

I thought of the pressure this woman must be under and the “time crunch.” I could not handle the pressure. Nor could I handle being out in the open that I am desperately hunting a man, that’s another story. She was very calm in her on-air interview and is hopeful she'll find love before her deadline.

So when I start to think I have no time, I am going to add a 4th point – “I do not have a wedding date set 7 months away and no groom to be.”

And for this woman, I wish her luck. I guess nobody ever told her, “you can’t put a timeline on love.” …. Or can you? February 15th 2011. She might be a loner at the alter.

1 comment:

  1. I love this entry. I ALWAYS think I never have enough time. I think that is why I always choose NOT to work out. "I don't have time because I have to cook dinner", "I have to go to the store", etc. I do have time, I just don't utilize my time well.

    ReplyDelete