Tuesday, August 31, 2010

My Scentsy


Yesterday at work, I got my hands on some Play-Doh. Talk about a trip back to 1989 – one whiff of my new can, I felt like I was in kindergarten again. Play-Doh has the weirdest smell, and there is nothing like it. I highly recommend getting a can and soaking up its fumes – it’s like a modern day stress ball… or like the first sip of wine after a long day at work. (or whatever your recovery vice may be)

Permanent markers smell good too…but today, I would like to focus on Play-Doh. When I was a child, I got really upset when children would mix the Play-Doh colors. (That was probably the start of my OCD.) Looking back, it seems like the Play-Doh tools never really worked very well. Bits and pieces would always get broken off and usually land under my fingernails. I was more of a roller. Just making some worms or my favorite- making some sort of a sculpture or tree ornament and having the Play-Doh dry overnight. Voila, you have your own pottery sculpture.

It seems like I am not the only one in the world who enjoys the smell of Play-Doh. Demeter Fragrance Library has actually bottled the smell into a perfume. (or is it parfume?) “The 1-ounce, spray bottle fragrance is meant for highly-creative people, who seek a whimsical scent reminiscent of their childhood.”

If Play-Doh doesn’t do it for you, don’t worry. This company also has scents ranging from Bon Fire to Gin and Tonic!

Today, when times get rough, I will take to my can of Play-Doh. There will be no sculpture building in this can – it’s all for stress relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment