Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Unspeakable

Although I usually choose not to speak about this man, because it literally makes me ill to think of him, I believe I should mention him today. Mark David Chapman was denied parole today for the sixth time since 2000. He is currently serving a 20 year to life sentence in New York for the murder of John Lennon on December 8, 1980. I believe that the world was robbed of a very special soul on that day, almost thirty years ago. I often imagine what the world would be like if he was still around, and I truly believe that it would be a more beautiful place. John's message was so simple, and so true. He wanted nothing more than for everyone in the world to understand that we are all deserving of love and peace. Mark David Chapman broke the hearts of so many people when he took the life of one who can never be replaced. I believe his parole was very rightfully denied.

John Lennon, I wish you were still here today.

1 comment: