Thursday, May 27, 2010

Food...(or Hair) for Thought.

Breaking News: Willie Nelson cut his locks. I repeat, the braids are gone.

You know it's a slow news day when this is the topic on every news channel. But then again, I guess that would be like Repunzel cutting her long hair off (in the fairy tale). Breaking News.
As you can notice, ol' Willie looks much younger without his straggling hair:



(After) (Before)
Why is it when men get hair cuts, they look younger? Almost like little boys. Men have the life. Their hair cuts cost no more than $30. They can walk in almost anywhere, AND if they get it cut too short, they look 10 years younger. Willie is a prime example.
Women. We don't have this luxury. We book hair appointments at least 2 weeks in advance, pay well over $100 and it doesn't matter if we wear our hair short or long, the face doesn't lie! (aging)...
Another battle of the sexes.
Speaking of hair, since moving to Dallas, I have searched high and low for the best eyebrow waxer. People have their quirks, and this is one of mine. I like to take very good care of my brows. This weird habit stems from almost plucking all of my eyebrows out in college after a few too many glasses of wine.
So put your tweezers down, and call Cindy DiMaggio. I swear, she's the best in the business, and the fastest. I never spend more than 10 minutes in the salon. But beware, you must have cash, and unless you want to wait in line, book an appointment. You'll have to book at least a week in advance. You can find her at Salon Boutique, off Preston and NW Highway.
And one last food for thought... Big Al on 106.1. What does this man not do? He owns the MAT, he owns a bar in Mexico, he has time to creep around Dallas...AND he is on a morning show. That is one busy, hardworking man. When I think I am too busy today, I will think of Big Al.

No comments:

Post a Comment