Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Scattered Brain.

Like Sarah, I don’t have much to say this week. I am sleepy, and I know the minute I leave this place I will be in a great mood ready to set the world on fire again. Till then, I will practice my Debbie Downer attitude. Since I don’t really have just one story line, I will give you a run down on the last few days and what I am thinking.

1st Topic: Last Weekend
Last weekend was great. There’s nothing I like more then spending time with friends and family. (like the rest of America) I got to see two of my great friends babies, and I even got the chance to meet Wayne Coyne.

Seeing friends babies is always a fun thing- you get to see them when they are sweet and leave them when they are fussy. But then it also gets me thinking. You have kids. I am single. Your kid will probably be my ring bearer of flower girl. Why am I 10 years behind? But at least I know I will have cute kids for the time my big day comes.

So back to Wayne. We were having a casual dinner at a sushi restaurant in OKC. Someone pointed him out, and I had a mild freak out and had to get my picture taken. I get real weird around Celebs. (the few times I have seen them) I really can’t remember what I said… I know I said, “I hate to be that girl…but we spent new years eve together” What?! I remember thinking how skinny he was. (we did the arms wrapped around for our photo opt) But yeah, that’s about all I remember. Really, really cool guy.

Speaking of being weird around celebs. We once saw Tara Reid (I know, D list celeb) in NYC, and I ran around Urban Outfitters stalking her… so strange. I followed her, but I never said anything.

2nd Topic:
Toms now have heels. Aren’t these fun? This pic really doesn’t do them justice.


3rd Topic:
The Simple Life. Remember the show with Paris and Nicole? Well as stupid of a show it was, I really think everyone should have to try out odd jobs. It really makes you appreciate things more. On Monday, I had the chance to help out in a fast food restaurant, and let me tell you, it wasn’t easy.

I took on the task of changing the “reader board” outside. (you know the boards high in the sky with marketing messages on them?) Let’s just say that 30 minutes in 100 degree heat made me appreciate the people that have to change reader board signs.

However, this new found appreciation is not making this day at work any easier. All I can think about is the pool and the new book I am reading, “The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.” Wow, I sound lame.

Hopefully next time I decide to write, I won’t be so scattered and actually have some material. USA.

No comments:

Post a Comment