Thursday, June 24, 2010

You put the lime in the Coconut.


It’s Thursday….Do you have your hangover kit ready? Getting through a Friday at work after a great Thursday night out can be very painful. There’s something about Thursday nights- it’s like you are partying on a school night, and it feels illegal and oh so right.

Stop feeling the Friday pain. Forget Gatorade, this is the stuff: Coconut Water

While I have not tried this remedy myself, it comes highly recommended.

Coconut water is the clear liquid inside young coconuts. (The green ones are better.) Coconut water has 15 times more potassium than that found in sport drinks. It's also naturally loaded with the five key electrolytes: potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, sodium and calcium. It's what you need to stay hydrated. On a diet? No sweat! Coconut Water is also fat and cholesterol free.

I know what you are thinking- this sounds better than an I.V. I agree.

Pick up some Coconut Water today, and wish your hangover away.

2 comments:

  1. the Zico brand is 2 for $4 at Whole Foods right now! this stuff is great. first time i saw it was at the Bikram Yoga studio, it really replenishes you after a tough work out...healthy stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to go ahead and say it does not sound better than an IV. Anytime I've ever needed an IV it's like an instant pick me up. Too bad I can't just administor those to myself.
    I'll have to stop by the store and try some of this magic though.
    Have a great weekend, Ande! I wish I was going to run into you again....I'll go to Taco Bueno and think of you.

    ReplyDelete