Thursday, June 10, 2010

Three Shows: One Week

Hi Kids. I am so tired today. The reason for this is last night marked the third show I attended this week. That's right, I saw Miike Snow on Monday, MGMT on Tuesday, and LCD Soundsystem on Wednesday. Today feels a lot like the morning after OU/TX, except a lot more musical than sporty and with no Jill in town. Anyway, I digress...

I thought I would give you all a run down of these three bands based on my own professional amateur opinion of them. Without further ado, and in chronological order, my thoughts...

Miike Snow Monday night at the Granada

I was not an original ticket holder for the Miike Snow show. In fact, I only begrudgingly decided to attend after SEVERAL attempts by our friend over at SOTW (the one and only JZ) to get me to go. I finally said yes, Little Liz found me a ticket, and I was set. I have to say this, one of my FAVORITE things to do in life is to have a "blind date" with a band. As in, I love seeing bands I know nothing about because 9 times out 0f 10 I end up falling in love with them and I always hold a special place in my heart for them because my first real exposure to them was live. Going into the show on Monday I had only listened to Miike Snow for about an hour the day of while I worked. I will say, I have now officially listened to the album everyday since. This blind date was a full on success! Thank you JZ for setting us up! I loveeeee Miike Snow. The Granada was so hot and we danced so much that by the time I got home, I really thought I had turned into a robot. Paul was a little confused, but I was blissful. So Miike Snow gets a solid A from me. Do yourself a favor and take a listen. You will definitely start to gyrate those hips ON THE SPOT.

MGMT Tuesday night at House of Blues

So, I do not have such glowing things to say about MGMT on Tuesday. While my group was great, and we did dance to some of the familiar songs, the rest of the evening was slightly mediocre. First of all, almost everyone in attendance was under the age of 18. I really think I knew everyone there over 25. I literally had a guy ask me how old I was after he told me his age (24) and respond with "whoa!" Shut up kid! I'm only three years older than you!! But, the night was a success if only for the company I was in, so I did have a very nice time. However, I am not a huge MGMT fan beyond the first album. I was pretty disappointed this go round. My advice, get into Miike Snow and let the 15 year olds support MGMT. MGMT you get a B-.

LCD Soundsystem Wednesday night at Palladium

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Last night was one of the best concerts ever. I'm serious, ranks up in my top 10 I've ever seen. I have to say, I even think it was literally just a millionth of a degree less awesome than Yeasayer earlier this year at the Granada and I really think that might just be because of the venue. I really don't like the Palladium all that much. But, seriously, this band is amazing. I love them more now than I ever did before, and I have loved them a whole whole lot for awhile now. If I could give them a 150% I would. The third night of concert fest 2010 was the best by far. While I loved getting to know Miike Snow on Monday, I just was fully enthralled with seeing LCD Soundsystem last night. I really wish I could do it all over again...except this time I'd probably skip the Double Wide for a post show beer because now I am a little too tired. OR I'd move the show to a Friday and dance even more than I did last night even at the risk that I might get whiplash from all of my crazy moves. LCD Soundsystem you get a resounding A+++++. I cannot wait to see you in Austin in October!!!! Anyone who loves them (or who just likes good music) and hasn't seen them, do it as soon as possible, I promise you will not regret it!

That's all I've got for now.

I dig music!

SES

PS: I'm going to Vegas tomorrow! Happy Bachelorette Party Weekend to my wonderful future sister in law!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment