Wednesday, March 17, 2010

HELLO KXT

For about two months now I have been meaning to take a listen to the new KERA music station KXT. One of those things that I knew I needed to do, but kept forgetting every time I got in the car. Being the creature of habit that I am, I have a sort of daily listening schedule on my commute to and from work. The morning is usually Morning Edition, Diane Rehm (if I'm running late), the Beatles, or Radiohead. The evening is usually All Things Considered, a random mix cd from college, or whatever cd is on my play it to death rotation of the month. Well, yesterday morning I finally remembered to try KXT, so I shook things up a bit and tuned to 91.7 instead of 90.1. I have to say, it is the best thing that has happened to me all week. I heard Beach House yesterday and today. I am currently listening, and now am on my second live show from SXSW. Prior to that I heard Fleet Foxes, David Bowie, AND Flogging Molly (which I am really only excited about because it's St. Patrick's Day, but excited nonetheless).

Basically, this station is awesome. There have only been two other times in my life that I have been this excited about the radio: when I first discovered KJ103 in 5th grade and when I started listening to NPR in college.

Please listen.

On the radio: 91.7 KXT

Live on the internet: http://kxt.org/listen/

No comments:

Post a Comment