Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Afternoon Ramblings


I am a creature of habit. I have my rituals I do everyday from the moment I wake up, turn off the fan, turn on the light, get of bed on the same side, etc. One of my rituals/vices is to lie in bed each morning before work, sip on a Diet Coke and watch the Today Show. Little “me” time, before I have to face the corporate world. I know soft drinks aren’t good for you, but they are what I do.

Yesterday evening after work, I heard a startling report on the news – soft drinks increase the risk of developing pancreatic cancer.
“Analyses of data collected on 60,524 Singapore Chinese adults showed that people who drank two or more sugar-sweetened soft drinks a week were at greater risk of developing pancreatic cancer compared with individuals who did not, the study published in Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention says.”
Really, all I can say to this is FML…. I can’t quit Diet Coke. It’s me. It’s what I drink. I don’t drink coffee, so where else am I suppose to get my morning jolt? I guess it's a trade off for not smoking.
To other news, I am ready for the OLYMPICS to begin. TEAM U.S.A….okay, I really only like watching Shawn White, bob-sledding and figure skating. (I think liking to watch figure skating may be one of those things you don’t admit, I would like to call it a guilty pleasure.)
And last but not least… it’s been one of those days. I would like to keep my place of work anonymous, but I did get an email today requesting that I allow a person to dress as a taco and skate around the store to promote Tacos. Things that make you go Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
Hope you all have a happy “hump” day, and may the force be with me, so I can get some better material to write about. Until next time.
PEACE.


1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you drink a diet coke while laying in bed each morning.
    And where can I apply to be the skating taco promoting tacos? I don't have much experience but I have a great personality and lots of love for mexican food.

    ReplyDelete