Monday, February 8, 2010

Weekend Pupdate


So, this weekend started off quite nicely. On Friday, Liz and I attended a happy hour with Kendra and some other girls at Bar Celine. I guess it wasn't exactly a happy hour since we got there at 8:30 and left at 10:15, but it was quite enjoyable. The next morning we woke up bright and early and headed to Bishop Arts for the first annual dash for the beads. Those in attendance included Paul "the lobster" Smith, Sarah Smith (me), Liz Stutts, Ande Courtney, Madeleine and Todd Fidler, Jesse Smith (no relation), Kendra Mayer, Erin Burrows and Justin England. Paul was a very good lobster and dash for the beads participant. He took pictures with little girls, made friends with another dog dressed as a lobster, and even got his picture taken by the Dallas Morning News! However, it was supposed to be on some blog and I forgot to remember the name, and now I can't find it. Anyone have any ideas how I can locate that? And, yes, I have already tried Google. So Paul only did the one mile fun walk because he was very very cold and he is very very small. He had so much fun though and was really excited to give back to the Oak Cliff community that he loves so much (he likes charity almost as much as his mom).

Afterward we took him home and went to lunch at State and Allen. Ande, Madeleine, Todd, and I stayed for quite some time and I had quite a bit a wine. This resulted in a nice quiet nap followed by a nice quiet evening in shared with John "the Dark Lord" Zimmermann and little Paul watching Zombieland - absolutely hilarious. Paul was not exactly the best guest at his Uncle John's, and Uncle John still referred to him as Voldemort when we left, but he did let his guard down and play Paul's favorite game of "run around the coffee table" for a bit after the movie.

Sunday was primarily occupied by work and cleaning followed by a Super Bowl party at Tommy and Leslye's. Paul was not allowed to attend because as Uncle John put it "he would have alienated the whole party." He really needs to work on his manners (Paul, not John).

SIDENOTE: My favorite commercial last night was FOR SURE the VW one with all the slug bugging and the Stevie Wonder slug bug at the end. I watched it again this morning and laughed a lot.

Later today I am going to start a new feature called Friend of the Week. I am particularly excited about this, and can assure you that our first choice provided some pretty hilarious blogging fodder. Anyway, that's about all I've got right now.

Oh yeah, and I beat Neil Ferrari at chess with friends last night. All of you nerds out there should download it and play me. Unless you are really terrible, you will beat me.

TGIM

1 comment:

  1. Well isn't this a fun blog?! I like it. Also, Sarah, I need to meet Mr. Paul Smith. He looks very handsome in his lobster outfit.

    ReplyDelete