Monday, February 22, 2010

I'll take some Jelly for my Feet.


Jelly Shoes that is. I don't know about you, but when I walk in my favorite store, I forget about the cold weather we are having and get lost in a "spring" escape for just a minute. I imagine myself with tanned skinned, nicely pedicured toes in new sandals, spring dresses....agh, the list goes on and on.


The spring and fall seasons are my two favorite times to shop, and my bank account definitely takes a hit. Spring gives you this rush - the stores never fail to have bright new summer looks, and classic navy blue, nautical colors covering their racks. New shoes are popping up right and left (no pun intended) with new looks and fresh colors.


Fall, is the same way - by late summer, you are over the lightweight clothes and ready to be snuggled up in a big sweater or your favorite fleece. All I know is, both seasons give me the ultimate shopping rush. Some things never change.


Where am I going with this you ask? As you might have already noticed, many top designers are bringing back the Jelly Shoe. Jelly shoes and I have quite the history. When I was a child, my mom would not let me wear my Jellies to school. I would pack those suckers up and change shoes when I got to school.


In high school, the Jelly Shoe made a brief comeback. Fortunately, the local Payless Shoes store was selling the PVC plastic footware, and yes, I had some.


This season, I would like to tip my hat to some top designers for making fashion a tad bit more afordable for us working women that can't seem to ever have enough cash flow in the bank account. Due to the material, you can find a much lower price point on many of your favorite shoe designers: Gucci, Tory Burch, Fendi, Chanel and Burberry to name a few. (Prices ranging from $95 to about $400)


I am no fashion guru, but I do like a bargain. I will be "Jellin" this summer season. Whether or not the plastic footwear will make a successful comeback, I do not know. Me being able to wear designer footwear at an affordable price? Well, to me, that's priceless.


Cheers to warmer weather on the way!


2 comments:

  1. Ande, I loved jellies when I was little too. Clear, pink, purple. They just don't make them like that anymore! I would play outside in them and they would get so torn up!! And they were so uncomfortable, but I didn't care!! ha. Anyway, so glad they're back in action this summer, keep me posted on any more spring/summer trends you become aware of :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ande, JCrew has jellies too! I think they call them rainy day flats or something like that. I always get so annoyed in the spring when my flats get soaked in the rain. I will definitely be getting a pair!

    ReplyDelete