Monday, February 15, 2010

T.G.I.M....Sort Of.


So here we are…it’s Monday. I started this new segment, T.G.I.M., to help us all speak more highly of Monday and have a better attitude about the dreaded day. I hate being so negative on Monday’s, so I thought this would help.

For some reason on Monday morning, I can’t get out of bed, I don’t want to get out of bed, I can’t work out, I don’t wear lip stick, I wear a frown and quite frankly, I want to get home and get to bed and let Tuesday begin.

One saving grace on Mondays is to think about the upcoming weekend. Now if you have been a little wild the weekend before, this is sometimes hard to do. I often catch myself saying, “I am never going to drink again, I am going on a diet, see you in 2 months.” This attitude normally changes when Wednesday hits, and I am ready to hit the town once again and “tie one on.” (Love that saying)

After my relaxing weekend at home, I can honestly say, “I am ready to tie one on.” But even thinking about the weekend ahead is not helping my Monday blues. So, I am going to keep repeating to myself how lucky I am to even be breathing in this office air, how lucky I am to see, speak, smell and to have two arms and two legs and all my fingers and toes. This will make me thankful and get me through the remainder of the day.

Hope everyone’s having a good one. 4 more days.

No comments:

Post a Comment