Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Beat Boxing for You


Today, I have a lot of random thoughts, so I am going to call this post: Beat Box Morning Brew. Enjoy. This is what is going on in my head about 80% of the time. Yes, it does get tiring.



  • Bills, bills, bills. What if bills came in the form of greeting cards…you know, a nice folded card with a sweat message enclosed. “Dear Ande, we are so sorry to find you during this time of debt, but it is time to pay your cable bill again.” Of course, it would come with some great, sweet graphics and lots of color. Wouldn’t you be so much more reluctant to pay that bill, not to mention receive the bill.

  • How bad do you hate it when you are walking down the hall, and someone says, “Smile.” This, for me, is always a wake up call that sometimes I walk around looking grumpy. Little do they know I have a dance beat in my head and thinking about the upcoming weekend. I just didn’t feel like talking to them. Even worse, you look tired today. Thank you. Really, thank you.

  • Why in the world are david allen coe’s “why do we drink” and Robert Earl Keen’s “road goes on forever, party never ends” stuck in my head today? If the world only knew….And that makes me think, wonder what’s always going on in someone’s head. Your life soundtrack. I have thought about this before… and I can’t choose a good song for my life soundtrack.

  • Why can’t we be living on the East Coast right now and be having a snow day?
  • Why can’t No Fear t-shirts come back in style? As you can probably tell, I am a true sap for motivational quotes. No Fear shirts allowed us to wear these and express go get em’ quotes all day. How about “you miss 90% of the shots you don’t take.” Now that could really be the pushing point for someone.

  • Why is Taylor Swift on at least one radio station every time I turn the Radio on? Try it next time you get in your car. I guarantee that teen will be on.
  • When I get on the cast for the bachelor next season, will they expose our blog? Hello book deal.

I will leave you with this. Tuesday is not a fun day. We got over Monday, but we still have 4 more long work days ahead. This might motivate you to keep going: “The most successful people are those that work the hardest, and they are the most happy.” I will keep telling myself this, but seems to me that most presidents of companies are sitting back and chillaxing or playing golf… but I guess they worked their way there.

May the force be with you.

1 comment:

  1. How is it possible to make 10% of the shots you don't take?

    ReplyDelete